French Heart Healthy Dessert Recipes … Absolutely Delicious!
Of course heart healthy dessert recipes can be just as satisfying! Take a look at these easy, MOUTH-WATERING French wonders!
Great for the heart and just as good for the soul!
Toasted Almond and Pear in White Wine Sauce
Poires aux Amandes Grillées au Muscat
… Elegance and exquisite taste, all wrapped up in one of the most delicious heart healthy dessert recipes.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Refrigeration Time: at least 1 hour Ingredients:
4 Ripe Pears
1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
3/4 cup Muscat White Wine (or another sweet white wine)
1 Vanilla Bean, Whole (or a few drops vanilla extract)
1 slice Lemon Rind
1/2 cup Brown SugarHow to Make It:
1. Put wine, lemon rind, vanilla, brown sugar, and 1 1/2 cups water in a pot (large enough to hold the pears).
2. Bring to a boil, let sugar melt, and then lower heat.
3. Peel Pears and put in pot with sauce. Bring to a boil again, then put on a low flame, and let cook for about 25 minutes. Turn pears over occasionally.
4. Once pears are tender, take out of sauce, let them cool off, and then put in refrigerator for as long as possible before serving. (4 hours is ideal, but not necessary!)
5. Remove rind and vanilla bean from sauce, and then refrigerate as well.
6. Put almonds in oven and let brown slightly.
7. Place pears on individual plates, top with sauce and almonds and serve.
Create your own heart healthy dessert recipes by trying this recipe with different fruits and/or different nuts. For example, peaches and walnuts, apples and pistachios.Serving Ideas:
While this beautiful French dessert is at its most elegant when served in large wine glasses, or glass bowls, you can also serve it on individual plates.
If you are preparing for many people, or if you want to keep things very casual, don't hesitate to serve pears on one large plate, with sauce and almonds on the side.
Creamy Kiwi-Apple-Lemon Frozen Delight
Délice Glacé Kiwi-Pomme-Citron… One of the most refreshing, most satisfying heart healthy dessert recipes!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Freezer Time: 1 hour
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1 1/4 cup Low-fat Milk (or skim)
Handful of Chopped Fresh Mint (optional)
How to Make It:
1. Peel and slice 2 kiwis. Cover the bottom (and sides) of four individual dessert bowls (prettiest when glass).
2. Peel other 2 kiwis, apples, and lemons. Remove apple and lemon seeds. Put in food processor or blender and reduce to a purée with milk and sugar. Pour this mixture into serving bowls, over the kiwi slices and put in freezer for one hour.
3. Before serving, sprinkle mint over top.
Of course you can change the fruit combination to pretty much include any kind of fruit. The kiwi-apple-lemon mix is particularly harmonious and refreshing, but by all means make your own favorite combinations if you want to. It's actually very simple to come up with many different and delicious heart healthy dessert recipes!
As already mentioned, this French dessert is especially pretty when served in glass bowls or glass cups. If you don't have any, you might want to put the kiwi slices on top, where they will be visible.
Chocolate Banana Walnut Flourless Cake
Clafoutis au Chocolat aux Bananes et aux Noix… A succulent and unforgettable French dessert recipe… a clafoutis is very similar to a flan. And this one still respects all the conditions for heart healthy dessert recipes.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: about 20 minutes
1 cup Low-fat Milk
2-3 Egg Substitutes
7 oz. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
2 tbsp. Walnuts
Powdered Sugar to decorate
Vegetable Spray and Granulated Sugar to line baking dish
How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Chop chocolate into small pieces and put in a bowl.
2. Heat up milk (don't let it boil!) and pour over chocolate pieces. Stir until chocolate melts and the batter is smooth.
3. Once batter is cool, add egg substitute, and whisk well.
4. Spray a baking dish (or a flan dish) with vegetable spray and lightly coat with granulated sugar.
5. Cut bananas into thick slices. Line the bottom of baking dish with bananas. Then sprinkle walnuts on top of bananas.
6. Pour chocolate batter into dish, over bananas and nuts, and bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on how firm you want it.
8. Take out of oven and sprinkle top with powdered sugar. Serve Warm.
You can prepare this dessert ahead of time. I always do! Bake additional 5 minutes right before serving to warm back up!
If you are looking for more heart healthy dessert recipes, and are familiar with typical substitutions (eggs, butter, etc.), I strongly encourage you to look at some more delicious French desserts. You can easily adapt quite a few. For French chocolate desserts,
For easy French dessert recipes,
Are you struggling with high cholesterol? Check out
to get more ideas on living a healthy heart lifestyle.
To return to the top of the page and read over these sublime heart healthy dessert recipes again, click here:
heart healthy dessert recipes.
As Always, FamousFrenchDesserts.com is proud to be your personal and authentic guide to French desserts!
Enjoy these heart healthy dessert recipes! And… Bon Appétit!