If you would like to take a look at our complete Chocolate Recipe Index, click here.
Chocolate Banana Flan… Absolutely Irresistible!
Délice au Chocolat et aux Bananes… A creamy, extra "chocolatey" treat! Looks beautiful and tastes even better! One of many easy chocolate dessert recipes that will make you (and your guests!) speechless.
7 oz. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (or your favorite high-quality dark chocolate at 70% cocoa)
2/3 cup Crème Fraîche (or heavy cream)
1/2 cup Whole Milk
1 tbsp. Butter (room temperature)
Powdered Sugar to decorate
Butter and Granulated Sugar for baking dish
How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Chop chocolate into small pieces and put in a bowl.
2. Heat up cream and milk (don't let it boil!) and pour over chocolate pieces. Stir until chocolate melts and the batter is smooth.
3. Stir in butter until smooth.
4. Once batter is cool, add eggs, and whisk well.
5. Butter and sugar a baking dish (or a flan dish).
6. Cut bananas into thick slices. Line the bottom of baking dish with bananas.
7. Pour chocolate batter into dish, over bananas, and bake for 15-25 minutes, depending on how firm you want it.
8. Take out of oven and sprinkle top with rum and powdered sugar. Put back in oven, best if right under grill, and bake for about 3-5 minutes. Serve Warm.
You can prepare this dessert ahead of time. I always do! Add rum and powdered sugar, and bake additional 5 minutes right before serving!
Looking for More Easy Chocolate Dessert recipes?
Take a look at our
chocolate dessert recipe index.
Including wonderful and moist cakes, fabulous truffles, éclairs, mousse, fondue, and more... all you favorite French desserts au chocolat...
More French Desserts and Breads...
If you would like to look at non-chocolate French dessert recipes as well (yes, they're favorites as well!) or for lovely French breads, just scroll back up to the menu options. Or, click here:
easy chocolate dessert recipes.
to return to the top of the page.