French Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
The ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipes… hot, melting chocolate… moist, crunchy cookies… melt in your mouth… so delicious! Irresistible!
Well, we certainly could say that chocolate chip cookies have a way of getting under our skin!!! Yes, they are intoxicating!
Here are my very favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes -- and I am a big fan! A great American classic with an irresistible French touch! Straight from my kitchen in France…
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Preparation Time: about 25 minutes
Cooking Time: about 15 minutes per baking tray
Refrigeration Time: at least 1 hour
Ingredients: (about 50 cookies)
5 oz. Granulated Sugar
7 oz. Brown Sugar
7 oz. Butter
3 cups Flour (sifted)
11 oz. Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (or your favorite high-quality dark chocolate)
Pinch of Salt
1 tbsp. Yeast
1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
How to Make It:
1. In a bowl, whisk eggs, progressively add sugar, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla. Keep whisking until batter is smooth but frothy.
2. Mix flour and yeast.
3. Melt butter.
4. Slowly add, alternatively, butter and flour to batter, stirring with wooden spoon. Keep stirring until homogenous.
5. Break chocolate into pieces, and carefully stir into batter, trying to get the chocolate as evenly distributed as possible.
6. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour, or more. Preheat oven to 350°F.
7. Butter a baking tray, make small balls with batter (use a teaspoon for help), and place them on baking tray. Make sure that you leave enough space in between cookies.
8. Bake for 12-20 minutes (depending on how mushy or browned you want them) at 350°F.
1. It is essential to put the batter back in the refrigerator while baking other batches. Don't leave it out at room temperature for too long.
2. Once you have taken cookies out of oven, remove them immediately from the hot baking tray, and place them on a rack to cool. Cookies left to cool on a hot baking tray dry out and get much too hard. Yuck!
Of course, there are endless ways to make great chocolate chip cookie recipes, so long as we get the basics right!
As you noticed, I like big chunks of real chocolate because it adds so much flavor, and it really makes for a melt-in-your-mouth cookie! You can use any kind of chocolate that you want: dark, milk, white, or a mix!
If you don't feel like being such a "chocolate purist", you can add your favorite chocolate candy bars (in pieces) or obviously M & Ms or other small candies.
Of course, you can also add whatever kind of nuts you want, to make an extra-crunchy, extra-flavorful cookie!
1. It might be fun, for children, to make one big cookie (like a pizza) and let them hammer away at it together.
2. Never forget the joy of eating a chocolate chip cookie sundae -- so even for adults for a casual dinner, they will all be very happy to see bowls filled with cookies, ice cream, and hot chocolate sauce!!!
3. For a memorable afternoon snack, you can serve the cookies with creamy, authentic French hot chocolate,
, to see a sumptuous hot chocolate recipe.
4. Chocolate chip cookie recipes like this one will conserve well so long as you keep them in closed jar.
Would you like to take a look at some really authentic and delicious easy French chocolate dessert recipes?
They are really easy to make and all unforgettable!
To return to the top of the page, click here:
Chocolate chip cookie recipes.
Take a look at the menu options, on the top, to your left, to see other exciting French dessert recipes and ideas.
Have fun with your chocolate chip cookie recipes!!!
As Always, FamousFrenchDesserts.com is proud to be your personal and authentic guide!
Enjoy! And… Bon Appétit!