Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: about 55 minutes
4 oz. Butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1.5 cups Sifted Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda (or Dry Yeast)
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract (optional)
Additional Flour and Butter for baking dish
How to make it:
1. Using a wooden spoon, work the sugar and butter in a bowl until smooth.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, and stir until the batter is completely smooth.
3. In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then, slowly incorporate the flour into the batter. Stir until smooth, you may want to use your hands to knead the dough so that bumps do not appear.
4. In another bowl, mush bananas completely with a fork. Add vanilla extract if you want and stir.
5. Slowly incorporate the bananas into the dough and stir well until smooth.
6. Butter and flour your baking dish. Pour the batter into the dish and put in the oven for about 55 minutes. The banana bread recipe is cooked when the tip of a knife comes out clean and dry.
7. Let cool off for about ten minutes and then remove from baking dish. You can serve this warm or room temperature.
You can play around and add whatever original touch you would like… nuts, berries, seeds… whatever strikes your fancy!
If you would like to see a great and very moist banana bread recipe with nuts, click here.
French Fact: Banana bread does exist in France and is called Pain de Banane! Bon Appétit!
After Bread, Comes Dessert!