Milk Chocolate Truffle Recipes
Looking for truffle recipes with milk chocolate? Here they are! Delicious, elegant and easy to make. Enjoy.
Milk Chocolate Truffle Recipe:
Truffes au Chocolat au Lait…
Ingredients (for about 11/2 pounds):
1 cup Crème Fraîche (or heavy cream)
14 oz. Milk Chocolate (use a high quality milk chocolate if possible)
8 oz. Additional Milk Chocolate
11/2 cups Cocoa Powder (the highest quality you can find) or
3 tbsp. Butter (optional)
How to Make It:
1. Break chocolate into small pieces and put in a large bowl.
2. Bring cream slowly to a light boil.
3. Pour boiling cream over chocolate and keep stirring until all the chocolate has melted and the batter is homogenous.
4. If you want to add butter, do so now, before the batter cools, and thickens.
This batter is called Ganache and is the base for all French chocolate truffle recipes!
When the ganache is warm it is very creamy. You can thicken it
1. by whisking it (the oxygen causes it to thicken) or
2. by putting it in the refrigerator.
You want the ganache to be just thick enough to easily form the truffle balls…
1. Using two spoons (or a baking sac) form even and round balls. Place them on parchment or wax paper.
2. Melt the rest of the chocolate in a bain-marie (double-boiler).
3. Dip each ball in the melted chocolate and then roll it in the cocoa powder.
Instead of rolling the truffles in cocoa powder you can also roll them in the following: hot chocolate mix (for those with an insatiable sweet tooth) coconut powder (oh so yummy)crushed nuts (any crushed nut will work, so chose your favorite)
To see the full index for our French chocolate truffle recipes, please
Home to French Desserts and Breads...
If you would like to look at other French dessert recipes and French breads, just scroll back up to the menu options. Or, click here:
to return to the top of the page.
As always, FamousFrenchDesserts.com is super-proud to be your personal and authentic guide to French desserts and breads! To learn more about FamousFrenchDesserts.com,
Enjoy these milk chocolate chocolate truffle recipes! And… Bon Appétit!