Coffee truffle recipe
This easy truffle recipe is perfect for coffee lovers and surprisingly simple to make. Recipes for additional flavors are explained as well.
Ingredients (for about 11/2 pounds):
1 cup Crème Fraîche (or heavy cream)
14 oz. Dark Chocolate (use very high quality, 70% cocoa, chocolate - or very high quality unsweetened baking chocolate.)
8 oz. Additional Dark Chocolate
11/2 cups Ground Coffee or Coffee Powder (the highest quality you can find) or
3 tbsp. Butter (optional)
How to Make It:
1. Break chocolate into small pieces and put in a large bowl.
2. Bring cream slowly to a light boil.
3. Pour boiling cream over chocolate and keep stirring until all the chocolate has melted and the batter is homogenous.
4. If you want to add butter, do so now, before the batter cools, and thickens.
When the ganache is warm it is very creamy. You can thicken it
1. by whisking it (the oxygen causes it to thicken) or
2. by putting it in the refrigerator.
You want the ganache to be just thick enough to easily form the truffle balls…
1. Using two spoons (or a baking sac) form even and round balls. Place them on parchment or wax paper.
2. Melt the rest of the chocolate in a bain-marie (double-boiler).
3. Dip each ball in the melted chocolate and then roll it in the coffee powder.
Yes, an excellent cup of French coffee makes the perfect companion to this unforgettable coffee truffle recipe.
To see the full recipe index for our French chocolate truffles, please
Home to French Desserts and Breads...
If you would like to look at other French dessert recipes and French breads, just scroll back up to the menu options. Or, click here:
to return to the top of the page.
As always, FamousFrenchDesserts.com is super-proud to be your personal and authentic guide to French desserts and breads! To learn more about FamousFrenchDesserts.com,
Enjoy this lovely coffee truffle recipe! And… Bon Appétit!