Recipe for Low Carb Desserts
Here's a recipe for low carb desserts you won't forget! Hot melting chocolate, poached pear in wine reduction… and many more EASY French low carb favorites!
Sumptuous Poached Pears with
Creamy Hot Chocolate Sauce
Poires Pochées au Chocolat Vanillé… Your new favorite recipe for low carb desserts. This elegant, delicious, and easy French dessert is a must!
Preparation Time: about 5 minutes
Cooking Time: about 40 minutes
Refrigeration Time: at least 15 minutes
1 bottle White Wine (fruity is best)
3 tbsp. Honey
1 tsp. Black Pepper
10 oz. Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate
1 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
How to Make It:
1. Mix wine, honey, and pepper together in a pot. Bring to a light boil, and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Peel pears, wipe with lemon juice, place in wine, and let cook for 20 minutes on a medium flame. Turn them over from time to time. Once cooked, remove pears from wine and let cool off.
3. Meanwhile, let the wine reduce, on a high flame, until it becomes a thick syrup. Then, let cool off as well.
4. Prepare chocolate cream by bringing vanilla and cream to a light boil, add chocolate (chopped in small pieces) and stir until it is smooth over a very low flame.
5. Pour chocolate cream into individual serving bowls or cups and refrigerate.
6. To serve, place a pear in each bowl on top of cream and then top with syrup.
If you want a very elegant presentation, you can serve this lovely French dessert recipe for low carb desserts in crystal or glass bowls or cups.
Succulent Spiced Roasted Apples
with Vanilla Ice Cream
Pommes Rôties aux Epices… A luscious, satisfying French recipe for low carb desserts. Guaranteed to please all!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: about 30 minutes
6 Firm Apples
6 tbsp. Honey
3 Cinnamon Sticks
2 tbsp. Almonds (or pistachios)
6 tsp. Butter
How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 400°F
1. Core apples and peel halfway down (leave the bottom half of the skin on).
2. Put apples in baking dish, with a tsp. of butter in the middle of each, and a few almonds.
3. Squeeze orange, and pour juice into baking dish. Shave off a slice of orange rind and place in dish (floating in orange juice). Add rest of spices to baking dish around the apples.
4. With a spoon, top apples with honey.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, basting apples, from time to time, with sauce. If sauce evaporates too much, just add a tbsp. of water while baking.
6. Serve warm, covered with sauce and vanilla ice cream on the side.
However you decide to serve this lovely French dessert, it will look beautiful. So, if you are going for rustic, think of serving on country ceramic dessert plates. If you want a more refined touch, serve in crystal or glass bowls. Enjoy this scrumptious recipe for low carb desserts!
Luscious Flan Recipes
Take a look at these excellent flan recipes by
They all qualify as a recipe for low carb desserts, so enjoy!!!
Also, you might want look at this superb recipe for low carb desserts:
To return to the top of this page, click here:
recipe for low carb desserts.
As Always, FamousFrenchDesserts.com is proud to be your personal and authentic guide to French desserts!
Enjoy! And… Bon Appétit!