Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: about 30 minutes
Ingredients: (4-6 people)
4 Eggs + 2 Extra Egg Yolks
7 oz. Granulated Sugar
3 Ripe Lemons
7 oz. Cream
3/4 lb. Raspberries
Handful of Fine Couscous (optional)
Butter and Granulated Sugar for baking dish
How to Make It:
1. Squeeze lemons, by hand with the help of a spoon. Filter out seeds.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs (including extra yolks) with the sugar.
3. Add lemon juice and stir well.
4. Stir in cream.
5. Stir in couscous, if you want, for added texture.
6. Butter and then sugar your baking dish.
7. Spread raspberries evenly across bottom of dish. Lightly press raspberries down with fingertips, to extract a little juice.
8. Pour lemon batter over raspberries.
9. Cook for 25-40 minutes, depending on how firm you want it.
10. Let cool off, serve warm or cold.
Tip: This flan does not need to be cooked in a bain-marie; you can place it directly in the oven!
Are you an Orange lover? If so, try this same recipe with two oranges (for the juice) and fresh chunks of pineapple. Yum. Only use 1-2 tbsp. granulated sugar, depending on the sweetness of your oranges.
Grapefruit fiend? Same recipe with 1- 11/2 grapefruits and strawberry slices. Use 4oz. granulated sugar.
For flan recipes, you can use any pie dish or flan dish, depending on the look you're going for.
You can also use individual ramekins.
Recipe for Flan Index Page
To see our other flan recipes,
More Fabulous French Dessert Recipes…
If you are looking for some more ideas for delicious French dessert recipes, we have got all your favorites and more! Crème brûlée, chocolate mousse, tarte tatin, chocolate éclairs, lemon meringue pie, truffles, fondue, crêpes… and many more! To see our recipe index,