Lemon Meringue Pie Recipes …
Melts in Your Mouth!
Lemon meringue pie recipes are adored by all. Here is my favorite (it's amazing!), plus lots of exciting variations.
Lemon meringue pie recipes are one of those divine French desserts that stay in your memory forever.So, enjoy!!!
Exquisite Lemon Meringue Pie
Tarte Meringuée au Citron… Will take you straight to heaven!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes (+10 minutes if making crust)
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
11/3 cup Flour
4 oz. Butter (chilled!)
1 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
Pinch of Salt
Butter for Pie Dish
If you don't feel like making your own pie crust, just use a good pre-made one!
For Lemon Cream Filling:
3 Lemons (squeezed for juice)
1 tbsp. Shredded Lemon Rind
2 Additional Egg Yolks
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 cup Creme Fraîche (or heavy cream)
1 cup Granulated Sugar
4 Egg Whites
Powdered Sugar to Decorate
How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Mix salt, sugar, and flour.
2. Cut chilled butter into small pieces and mix into flour with finger tips. Stop working batter once it looks like "sand".
3. Make a well and pour in eggs. Incorporate into flour using your fingers and a spatula.
4. Once homogenous, form a ball, place on a floured surface and knead for 10 seconds. Reshape into a ball, put in a plastic bag, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. During this time, you can butter the pie dish, clean up!, start to make the lemon filling, or just think about how good your lemon meringue pie recipe is going to taste!!!
6. Remove crust from fridge and roll out with a rolling pin on a floured surface.
7. Transfer to buttered baking dish. Poke holes in crust with a fork. Cover with parchment paper (or aluminum foil), pour dried beans (or rice) on top of paper and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and throw away parchment paper and beans.
1. Squeeze Lemons with the help of a spoon and filter out seeds.
2. In a bowl, whisk eggs, egg yolks, and sugar.
3. Add lemon juice and lemon rind and stir well.
4. Add cream and stir well.
5. Pour into pre-cooked pie crust and cook for 30 minutes at 350°F. Let cool slightly before adding meringue.
1. In a pot, SLOWLY bring the sugar and 1/4 cup water to a light boil. Stir occasionally and make sure that the sugar dissolves.
2. Whip egg whites until very firm and "snowy".
3. Pour sugar syrup (must still be warm) into egg whites and beat until it has completely cooled off.
4. Spread over the top of the lemon filling and bake for 5 minutes (350°F) or until it browns.
5. Serve warm or put in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
NB: If you want the filling to set and thicken, then you should put the pie in the refrigerator for an hour, at least. Personally, I like my lemon meringue pie recipes both ways, warm and loose , and cold and firm. So, it's up to you!
Certainly, you can serve this lemon meringue pie recipe as is!!!
But, if you would like to add an original touch, here are a few ideas:
1. Add raspberries or strawberry slices to the lemon filling.
2. Add toasted sliced almonds on top of the meringue.
3. Instead of lemon, use orange. Squeeze 2 small oranges, 1 tbsp. shredded orange rind, and cut the sugar in half.
4. If you want the filling to be extra "lemony", use 5 lemons instead of 3.
5. Use your imagination!!!
Beautiful and delicious lemon meringue pie recipes definitely deserve a red-carpet entrance and presentation! If you're having a very casual dinner, just leave it in the pie dish it was cooked in. But, if you're trying to impress, this French dessert will look even more gorgeous on a tiered dessert server, alone in the spotlight! It's up to you!
I am sure that you (and your guests!) will greatly enjoy this unforgettable dessert!
If you would like to keep exploring for other delicious French dessert recipes, just take a look at the menu options at the top of the page, on your left. Click here:
lemon meringue pie recipes
to return to the top of this page.
As always, FamousFrenchDesserts.com is proud to be your personal and authentic guide!
Have fun with your lemon meringue pie recipes! And… Bon Appétit!