Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Nutty chocolate truffles recipe fan? I understand! Lots of delicious and easy flavors are described below. Enjoy.
Easy Hazelnut Truffle Recipe:
Truffes au Noisettes…
Ingredients (for about 11/2 pounds):
1 cup Crème Fraîche (or heavy cream)
14 oz. Milk Chocolate (use a high quality milk chocolate if possible)
8 oz. Additional Milk Chocolate
11/2 cups Hazelnut (crushed into small pieces)
1 cup Cocoa Powder (optional) or
3 tbsp. Butter (optional)
How to Make It:
1. Break chocolate into small pieces and put in a large bowl.
2. Bring cream slowly to a light boil.
3. Pour boiling cream over chocolate and keep stirring until all the chocolate has melted and the batter is homogenous.
4. Stir in about 1/2 cup of crushed Hazelnut.
5. If you want to add butter, do so now, before the batter cools, and thickens.
This batter is called Ganache and is the base for any French chocolate truffles recipe!
When the ganache is warm it is very creamy. You can thicken it
1. by whisking it (the oxygen causes it to thicken) or
2. by putting it in the refrigerator.
You want the ganache to be just thick enough to easily form the truffle balls…
1. Using two spoons (or a baking sac) form even and round balls. Place them on parchment or wax paper.
2. Melt the rest of the chocolate in a bain-marie (double-boiler).
3. Dip each ball in the melted chocolate and then roll it in the remaining crushed hazelnut. If you want, you can roll it in the cocoa powder right before rolling in the hazelnut - but it's up to you and your sweet tooth.
To see the full index for our French chocolate truffle recipes, please
Home to French Desserts and Breads...
If you would like to look at other French dessert recipes and French breads, just scroll back up to the menu options. Or, click here:
chocolate truffles recipe
to return to the top of the page.
As always, FamousFrenchDesserts.com is super-proud to be your personal and authentic guide to French desserts and breads! To learn more about FamousFrenchDesserts.com,
Enjoy this fantastically nutty chocolate truffles recipe! And… Bon Appétit!