Succulent Chocolate Cake Recipes
These exquisite chocolate cake recipes make the perfect conclusion to any meal. So, for all you chocolate lovers, you've come to the right place!
Below you'll find an outstanding and easy recipe for chocolate fudge cake with pears and ginger. If you would like to take a look at our complete
chocolate dessert recipe index, click here.
Chocolate Ginger Pear Fudge Cake:
Fondant aux Poires et au Gingembre… An exquisite experience. Elegant, rich, and it really melts in your mouth!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
3 tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
4 oz. Butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup Flour
1 tbsp. Yeast (or use flour with yeast incorporated)
3 Ripe Pears
1 tbsp. Shredded Fresh Ginger (or ginger powder)
Powdered Sugar to decorate
Butter for baking dish
How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Butter baking dish.
2. Peel pears. Cut into thick slices. Place slices, going from the center to the edges, on bottom of baking dish. It should look like a multi-tipped star.
2. Combine flour, yeast, ginger, and cocoa powder. Stir.
3. In another bowl mix the butter and sugar until it is smooth.
4. Stir in 2 eggs, one at a time into butter cream. Slowly add flour mixture. Stir until homogenous.
5. Pour batter into baking dish over pears. Bake for about 30 minutes. Check to see that the fondant is cooked by inserting the blade of a knife. If it comes out clean, it's done. If not, continue baking until finished.
6. Turn off the oven, leave fondant inside, with oven door open, for 10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle top with powdered sugar and serve slightly warm or cold.
The chocolate/pear/ginger combination is a perfect marriage: tasty, but not overpowering, and very sensual. This being said, you can certainly use this same recipe and play around with other fruits or spices to come up with your own favorite chocolate cake recipes.
This beautiful dessert looks especially enticing on a tiered dessert server. So, if you have one, you might want to use it.
Looking for More Chocolate Dessert Recipes?
Take a look at our
chocolate dessert recipe index.
Including more wonderful chocolate cake recipes, fabulous truffles, éclairs, mousse, fondue, and more... all you favorite French desserts au chocolat...
More French Desserts and Breads...
If you would like to look at non-chocolate French dessert recipes as well (yes, they're favorites as well!) or for lovely French breads, just scroll back up to the menu options. Or, click here:
chocolate cake recipes
to return to the top of the page.
As always, FamousFrenchDesserts.com is super-proud to be your personal and authentic guide to French desserts and breads! To learn more about FamousFrenchDesserts.com,
Enjoy these chocolate cake recipes! And… Bon Appétit!