The Best Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
Here's the best moist chocolate cake recipe, guaranteed to make your mouth water, plus lots of other exquisite chocolate dessert recipes below…
Chocolate Truffle Cake…
Very Easy, Very Impressive, Extra Moist!
Gâteau Truffe… The ultimate French chocolate cake!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 3 hours
9 oz. Unsweetened Baking Chocolate (or your favorite high-quality dark chocolate at 70% cocoa)
9 oz. Granulated Sugar
9 oz. Butter
6 Eggs (separate whites and yolks!)
Butter for cake pan
How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Melt chocolate and butter in a bain-marie (double-boiler) without ever letting the water boil. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Whisk egg yolks with the sugar and then gently stir in the chocolate.
3. Beat the egg whites until firm and "snowy". Gently stir into batter.
4. Pour 2/3 of batter into a buttered cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Put the remaining 1/3 of batter in the refrigerator -- it's going to make the truffle cream!.
5. Let cake cool off and then remove from cake dish. Very carefully, cut the cake into two disks (cut in half lengthwise.)
6. Whisk the remaining third of batter to give it a little volume and air.
7. Gently spread half of batter "cream" on one disk. Cover with other disk. Spread the rest of the batter on the top. Put in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Voilà! The best moist chocolate cake recipe!
If you are nervous about slicing the cake in half (as it is VERY moist!!!) you don't have to. Served as a one layer cake, this dessert is every bit as delicious, just a tad less fancy.
I serve this exquisite truffle cake as is. However, if you would like to decorate the top, go ahead. You could sprinkle some crushed nuts, or add a strawberry in the center… or I'm sure that you have tons of other ideas! In any case, enjoy! It really is the best moist chocolate cake recipe -- just fantastic!!!
This beautiful dessert looks especially enticing on a tiered dessert server. So, if you have one, you might want to use it.
Looking for More Chocolate Desserts?
Take a look at our
chocolate dessert recipe index.
Including more wonderful chocolate cake recipes, fabulous truffles, éclairs, mousse, fondue, and more... all you favorite French desserts au chocolat...
More French Desserts and Breads...
If you would like to look at non-chocolate French dessert recipes as well (yes, they're favorites as well!) or for lovely French breads, just scroll back up to the menu options. Or, click here:
best moist chocolate cake recipe
to return to the top of the page.
As always, FamousFrenchDesserts.com is super-proud to be your personal and authentic guide to French desserts and breads! To learn more about FamousFrenchDesserts.com,
Enjoy the best moist chocolate cake recipe! And… Bon Appétit!